Of Counsel: Gary Gibson
Former Public Defender Gary Gibson now works with Attorney David Silldorf to proudly defend the rights of accused individuals throughout San Diego. Gary Gibson has taken part in over one hundred criminal trials, including many high profile homicide and death penalty cases.
Gary was admitted to the California State Bar in November of 1991. He served as a public defender from 1991 untill 2016. During this time he handled over a hundred criminal trials including 15 homicides, provided over two hundred and fifty hours of varied legal training and served as a guest lecturer for the California State Bar. Gary's decades of legal expeirence have yielded many honors and recognitions, including:
- 2008: E. Stanley Conant Award (Defense Lawyer of the Year) from the Combined Defender Organizations of San Diego
- 2006: CPDA Program of the Year – “Bail Project”
- 2001: CPDA Program of the Year – “Police Practices” program
- 2001: San Diego County Public Defender of the Year
- 1991: California Western School of Law- Juris Doctor Magna Cum Laude; American Jurisprudence Awards in Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Trial Practice, and Trial Advocacy